Job Description - Specialist, Degree Audit
Description View created on 01/24/2015
To review and verify student graduation status; and maintain College-wide database of information relating to degree audit, degree, and certificate programs and majors.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains degree audit records in database system; verifies status of students.
Creates and runs reports employing various types of software; performs data entry and record retrieval.
- Researches and analyzes relevant documents/information online; review and edits documents for internal and external use.
Audits records; logs and distributes reports/documents to other departments.
Assists in updating programs in database.
- Proposes appropriate substitutions and/or waivers to programs for all institutional disciplines; approves or denies substitutions or waivers; applies approved substitutions/waivers in database.
- Responds to inquiries and provides assistance via telephone, e-mail, and regular mail; creates, edits, and signs letters including status letters.
- Assists in special events such as graduation ceremony, College Connections, and faculty/staff training.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Policies, procedures, and practices of student admissions and records.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level using standard office software applications and student information systems; proficiency in database systems management.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- Two years related work experience.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.