Job Description - Assistant, Student Services
Description View created on 12/20/2014
Assistant, Student Services
Dean of Student Services, Supervisor or designee
To provide customer service assistance to students and prospective students.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists current and prospective students by providing information on the enrollment process, including admissions, financial aid, and assessment.
- Responds to questions and inquiries in person, by telephone, or via e-mail.
- Schedules appointments for assessments, new student orientations, and other services with advisors, counselors, and other staff.
- Monitors and screens student records for status information including holds, academic standings, and exceeding course loads.
- Enters data, maintains, and updates student information database.
- Prepares, publicizes, and schedules students for workshops and orientations.
- Maintains bulletin boards, brochure racks, and other information areas with transfer guides, career information, enrollment literature, and assessment study guides.
- Provides clerical support for various programs and functions including College outreach and recruitment programs, advising, counseling, and assessment.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- College admissions requirements, programs, and courses.
- Customer service techniques and practices.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Performing clerical tasks.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard word processing, database, and presentation office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- One year work experience in an office, educational, or customer service environment.
- Two years work experience in student services and/or administrative support services.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.