Job Description - Clerk, Duplication/Mail Room
Description View created on 03/30/2015
Clerk, Duplication/Mail Room
Campus Manager or Duplication Services Supervisor
To duplicate materials, distribute mail and packages.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides duplication services for faculty and staff.
- Sorts and distributes mail, receives packages, and prepares materials for mailing.
- Performs preventative maintenance to copiers and duplication machines.
- Stocks paper in work areas, refills copy machines, and assists in maintaining an inventory of supplies.
- May provide word processing and clerical support to faculty and staff and/or serve as backup to campus clerical staff.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Practices and principles copying and duplication.
- Copying and duplication preventative maintenance.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Operating copying, binding, duplication, and other office equipment.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information and materials.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling, climbing, stooping.
- Work is routinely performed in office environments, with occasional work in outside environments.
- Six months related work experience.
- Prior copying experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.