Job Description - Assistant I, Human Resources
Description View created on 11/27/2014
Assistant I, Human Resources
Human Resources Manager
To provide customer service and clerical support to a Human Resources Section.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Performs clerical duties including data entry, handling correspondence, maintaining files, and processing mail.
- Composes and distributes correspondence and other written documents and/or reports.
- Prepares and prints reports.
- Gathers information and reviews for accuracy.
- Assists internal and external customers by responding to inquiries and/or providing information.
- Depending on the HR Section, may create, post, and advertise job vacancies.
- Depending on the HR Section, may prepare handouts for new hire orientation and assist in presenting orientation.
- Depending on the HR Section, may prepare job files for retention purposes and track employment paperwork.
- Depending on the HR Section, may create and distribute college-wide Employee Photo Identification Cards.
- Depending on the HR Section, may audit job files and conduct pre-employment position activities.
Depending on the HR Section, may process Unemployment Claims and assist with hearings.
Depending on the HR Section, may assist with the tracking and processing of faculty and staff qualifications for SACS.
Depending on the HR Section, may evaluate and prep confidential files for scanning and assist with document imaging and analysis of scanned records for clarity and accuracy.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Administrative support procedures, principles, and practices.
- Editing and proofreading techniques.
- Basic recruitment and employment processes.
- Customer service principles and practices.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Consistently maintaining work accuracy while working with ongoing deadlines.
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Exhibiting professionalism and ethical behavior.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational skills, including exacting attention to detail and follow-through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated experience working with confidential data.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of database systems.
- Depending on the HR Section, experience with eHire, Peoplesoft, or other HRIS applicant tracking and human resources information systems.
- Subject to speaking, hearing, standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- One year related work experience.
- Three or more years work experience in human resources.
- High School diploma or educational equivalent.
- Associate degree or educational equivalent in a related field.
- Knowledge of ACC rules. policies, and procedures.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.