Job Description - Assistant I, Human Resources
Description View created on 07/25/2014
Assistant I, Human Resources
Employment and Outreach Services Manager
To provide customer service and clerical support in the Office of Employment and Outreach Services.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates, posts, and advertises job vacancies.
- Prepares and prints reports.
- May prepare handouts for new hire orientation and assist in presenting orientation.
- Creates and distributes college-wide Employee Photo Identification Cards.
- Audit job files and conduct pre-employment position activities.
- Prepares job files for retention purposes and tracks employment paperwork.
- Assists internal and external customers by responding to inquiries and/or providing information.
- Composes and distributes applicant correspondence and other written documents and/or reports.
- Gathers information and reviews for accuracy.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Administrative support procedures, principles, and practices.
- Editing and proofreading techniques.
- Basic recruitment and employment processes.
- Customer service principles and practices.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Consistently maintaining work accuracy while working with ongoing deadlines.
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Exhibiting professionalism and ethical behavior.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational skills, including exacting attention to detail and follow-through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated experience working with confidential data.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of database systems.
- Experience with eHire, Peoplesoft, or other HRIS applicant tracking and human resources information systems.
- Subject to speaking, hearing, standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- One year related work experience.
- Three or more years work experience in human resources.
- High School diploma or educational equivalent.
- Associate's degree or educational equivalent in a related field.
- Knowledge of ACC rules. policies, and procedures.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.