Job Description - Coordinator, Project
Description View created on 09/17/2014
Executive Director, Facilities
To provide project design and coordination in the planning, directing and construction of a variety of reconfiguration and remodeling projects principally related to furnishings and minor remodeling.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, designs, and implements reconfiguration and minor remodeling projects; researches and evaluates options for furniture, fixtures and equipment for use throughout the district's facilities.
- Assists with the selection, acquisition, and installation of furniture, fixtures and equipment in major construction projects.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of design and system standards for the district's facilities.
- Coordinates with other departments regarding furniture, fixtures and equipment needs.
- Assists in the development of operating budgets for the department and capital budgets for capital improvement programs.
- Assists with drafting tasks in the department.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Architecture, interior design, and construction management.
- Project planning and management principles.
- Regulations regarding accessibility and hazardous materials found in buildings.
- Budget preparation, bid and purchasing procedures, and expense control.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications including AutoCAD, scheduling and presentation software applications.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 40 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Work is performed in both an internal and external environment with occasional exposure to inclement weather and varying temperatures.
- Four years related work experience.
- Five years related work experience.
- Associate's degree in related field.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, interior design, or related field.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Licensed as Interior Designer or Architect in the State of Texas.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.