Job Description - Coordinator, Computer-Aided Drafting
Description View created on 08/22/2014
Coordinator, Computer-Aided Drafting
To revise drawings and update electronic files; provides other drawings to record existing and future facilities.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and updates the spatial database by calculating the square footages from the architectural floor plans and transferring to the database.
- Updates CAD software and maintains standard drawing formats.
- Provides drawing support for both the in-house group renovation projects and projects contracted to other engineering firms; generates sketches and plans; prepares reproductions of existing drawings.
- Verifies dimensions of walls, doors, and renovations in existing buildings; develops and updates master drawings using AutoCAD.
- Insures the integrity of the electronic CAD files on the server; corrects and repairs damaged files.
- Assigns room usage and type defined by Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THEBC) codes; preserves and archives the process of all existing vintage drawings.
- Meets with staff regarding signage needs
- Meets with installation personnel to insure proper placement of signs; issues and discusses work orders with the contracted sign agency; inspects the installation of all interior and exterior signage.
- Maintains file room, file maintenance and organization plans.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Principles and practices of residential and commercial architecture and construction techniques.
- Principles and practices used in advanced AutoCAD software operation and application.
- Building construction codes and standards.
- Methods of calculating areas within buildings and properties and recording measurements.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Demonstrated proficiency at an advanced level using standard office software applications and computer aided design software.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping, pushing and pulling.
- Work is performed in both an internal and external environment with occasional exposure to inclement weather and varying temperatures.
- Two years related work experience in architecture or engineering.
- Three years experience in an architectural or engineering office.
- Associate's degree in Computer Aided Design or related field.
- Knowledge of Advanced AutoCAD.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.