Job Description - Assistant, Work Control
Description View created on 09/22/2014
To provide administrative and technical support services for the College-wide work order system. Maintains the college fire and security contract.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews approved work orders submitted through the work order system, tracks progress of requests, compiles data for reports, and trains users on work order system.
- Dispatches personnel for emergency requests for fire and security alarms using established prioritization procedures to meet routine and emergency requests.
- Dispatches personnel for non-emergency requests for fire alarms and security. Dispatches personnel for service requests on doors, windows, elevators, and plumbing.
- Schedules and verifies annual inspections for fire alarms, sprinkler system, and fire hydrants district wide; tracks payment of contractor invoices.
- Responds to inquiries by telephone, email, and in person.
- Provides departmental support for special projects; orders parts, equipment, and office supplies; prepares invoices for payment.
- Provides and creates work order status reports; creates queries for work orders, assets, etc., in the work order system.
- Identifies, develops, and monitors the preventative maintenance program for college equipment and building systems in the work order system.
- Designs, develops, and implements improvements to the computerized work order system; installs on users computers and trains new users on the work order system.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Functions in a building and grounds department.
- Contract policies and procedures.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Learning and using a computerized work order system.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
- Communicating in a concise and effective manner.
- Determining priorities and handling high-pressure situations.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications and work order systems.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment
- Three years of related work experience.
- Experience within a Facilities & Operations unit in a higher education setting.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.