Job Description - Technician, Heating Ventilation & Air-Conditioning Filter
Description View created on 07/03/2015
Technician, Heating Ventilation & Air-Conditioning Filter
Supervisor, Heating Ventilation
To Inspect, maintain, and replace filters on HVAC equipment on all campuses in order to maintain efficiency and mechanical integrity of HVAC units.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Replaces filters in all HVAC units district wide.
- Disposes of dirty filters properly.
- Monitors and reports to supervisor the levels of HVAC filters for reordering.
- Tracks replacement of filters and maintains replacement schedule.
- Reports HVAC related problems and assists in preventative maintenance of HVAC equipment.
- Assists in removal, repair, and reinstallation of HVAC equipment.
- Complies with all applicable health and safety regulations, policies, and established work practices.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- HVAC tools, materials, and safe work practices.
- Types of air filters.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Maintenance of air filters.
- Reading and understanding technical manuals.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications for work order systems.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 80 pounds.
- Subject to climbing stairs, ladders and scaffolds, and working at heights above 30 feet.
- Subject to standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping, and crouching.
- Work is performed primarily in an external environment with exposure to inclement weather and varying temperatures.
- Six months work experience in building maintenance, building construction, or related area.
- Work experience with HVAC systems.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.