Job Description - Accountant
Description View created on 03/05/2015
Manager or Director.
To conduct assigned accounting activities and assist with ensuring the effective operation of a specified accounting system.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors and reconciles reports to the general ledger transactions for accuracy.
- Assures compliance with external agency requirements and informs Manager of any modifications or additions to reporting requirements.
- Assists the department with fiscal and calendar year-end close activities as required.
- Develops or assists with developing procedures to improve departmental workflow.
- Interfaces with internal and external parties as required ensuring provision of accurate information.
- Provides assistance with annual audit process as required.
- Prepare federal and state reports and oversees foreign National Tax Compliance.
- Acts as back up for Manager or Director of the department.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Automated financial systems.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Financial reporting and auditing processes.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Providing assistance with year-end close activities.
- Assisting with annual audit processes.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications and automated financial systems.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Two years work experience in accounting.
- Four years work experience in a specialized area such as payroll accounting and/or automated accounting systems.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.