Job Description - Technician, Accounting
Description View created on 03/04/2015
Manager or Supervisor
To perform various technical accounting activities as assigned and provide assistance to other members of the Business Services team as required.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares, analyzes, and compiles worksheets, balances, and accounts.
- Verifies and edits various accounting reports.
- Processes billings for sponsors, auxiliary accounts, and verifies sponsor agreements, waivers, and exemptions.
- Researches banking or billing transactions for accuracy utilizing on-line resources to resolve discrepancies.
- Performs reconciliation activities.
- Audits invoices for accuracy.
- Compiles data and prepares reports.
- Serves as a liaison to vendors and departments.
- Conducts research in relation to invoices, general ledger entries, or other issues.
- Provide assistance with special projects as required.
- May train other staff members.
- May test accounting software.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- General accounting processes, procedures, and standards.
- Spreadsheet software applications.
- Automated financial systems.
- Basic auditing processes and procedures.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Using ten-key by touch.
- Preparing and analyzing accounting information.
- Conducting general accounting research activities.
- Following instructions precisely and demonstrating accuracy.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications, spreadsheet applications, and automated financial systems.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Two years related work experience in an accounting environment or business related field.
- Three years work experience in an accounting environment or related business field.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Nine credit hours of college level accounting coursework.
- Knowledge of ACC Administrative Rules, Policies and Procedures, and/or Datatel software.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.