Job Description - Accountant, Grant
Description View created on 09/02/2014
Accounting Supervisor or Director.
To monitor account activities and handle compliance issues for all restricted/grant accounts by ensuring all transactions are properly recorded on the general ledger.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews source documents for compliance to rules and regulations; determines proper handling of financial and technical transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors and reconciles reports to the general ledger transactions for accuracy.
- Assures compliance with external agency requirements and informs supervisor of any modifications or additions to reporting requirements.
- Prepares Federal and State reports.
- Interfaces with internal and external parties as required ensuring provision of accurate information.
- Assists the department with fiscal and calendar year-end close activities as required.
- Provides assistance with annual audit process as required.
- Develops or assists with developing procedures to improve departmental workflow.
- Acts as backup for Accounting Supervisor or Director of the department.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Automated financial systems.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Financial reporting and auditing processes.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Providing assistance with year-end close activities.
- Assisting with annual audit processes.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications and automated financial systems.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Two years related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Knowledge of Uniform Grant Management Standards.
- Knowledge of the Office of Management and Budget Circulars.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.