Job Description - Specialist II, Web Development
Description View created on 12/22/2014
Specialist II, Web Development
Manager, Applications Development
To analyze, design, develop, and implement web-based computer applications and reports that meet customer requirements, as well as maintain and document assigned areas of application software.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and designs web pages for web applications that support the administrative functions of the College.
- Performs analytical and technical work that includes planning, developing, programming, maintaining, and improving web-based applications.
- Troubleshoots web sites, and updates web site content, links, and web templates.
- Provides recommendations in relation to website navigation, usability, and accessibility.
- Designs and documents interface features for web applications.
- Supports relevant staff regarding the functional use of in-house systems.
- Designs and develops user reports as required.
- Assists in insuring compliance with faculty standards relating to security and data protection.
- Functions as a contributing member of the web-based application development team.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Web page design and development.
- Database design and interface programming.
- Report programming
- Current standards in relation to security and data protection.
- Processes for monitoring and troubleshooting web services.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Designing and developing web pages that meet user requirements.
- Report and database interface programming.
- Creating a visually appealing web presence that conveys information in a customer-friendly way.
- Reviewing web information and design pages and implementing corrections and/or updates as required.
- Providing support to administrative staff regarding the functional use of in-house systems.
- Providing support to programming staff in integrating web applications with complex database structures.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications, query and control languages, programming languages, and database systems.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Two years work experience designing and maintaining web pages and programs.
- Work experience with programming languages such as PHP, Java or ASP and/or HTML, Dreamweaver, and/or Cascading Style Sheets.
- Associate's degree in information technology, computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, or a related field, with 15 hours of programming courses.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.