Job Description - Specialist, Support Services
Description View created on 07/02/2015
Specialist, Support Services
Manager, Support Services
To provide assistance with the day-to-day IT Support Services operations of ACC's College-wide administrative software applications and facilities.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in administering application access security for faculty, staff, and students in accordance with College requirements.
- Maintains administrative computer systems and electronic equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Assists in collecting and recording data for tracking operations measurements.
- Learns, maintains, and operates related system and application software and hardware.
- Provides input in writing operations procedures for IT staff on the use of system hardware and software.
- Electronically transmits sensitive data to and from outside agencies using various methods and procedures.
- Tracks and trouble-shoots user problems and determine if they are hardware, software, or procedural and resolves problem or redirects to appropriate area.
- Develops and implements scanning programs for ACC Support Services and other departments within ACC.
- Monitors mission critical applications and takes initiative to escalate when problems occur.
- Assists and trains faculty and staff in the use of equipment and software by means of one-on-one training or telephone help-line services.
- Assists in the design of overlays and map data to produce department requested custom reports.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Multi-user, multi-tasking operating systems such as UNIX and MS Windows XP.
- Personal computer hardware and software such as MS Office XP.
- Administrative computer systems and electronic equipment.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Providing one-on-one training and/or telephone help-line services in relation to the use of equipment and/or hardware.
- Tracking, troubleshooting, resolving, or redirecting user problems in relation to hardware, software or procedures
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications and query and control languages, and providing technical support for ACC's administrative applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds
- Work involves walking, sitting, standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, and stooping.
- Work is routinely performed in an office environment
- One year work experience with PC's and MS-Office.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.