Job Description - Assistant, Student Helpline
Description View created on 09/04/2015
Assistant, Student Helpline
Manager, Help Desk
To interact with customers in a call center environment to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about Austin Community College services and procedures.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Deals directly with customers either by telephone or electronically via email.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries.
- Obtains and evaluates all relevant information to handle inquiries.
- Adheres to Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA), also Federal and State Regulations regarding privacy.
- Answers questions on policy and procedures, processes, college applications and requests.
- Directs requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource.
- Communicates and coordinates with internal departments.
- Receives, records, and identifies requests via phone, email, and web from ACC students, faculty, and staff.
- Utilizes problem and change management processes to perform root cause analysis, and make recommendations to eliminate the root cause.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Relevant computer applications.
- Help desk policies, standards, and protocols.
- Help desk action request systems.
- Virus monitoring processes and virus alert protocols.
- Hardware and software installation and setup procedures.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Analyzing problems and making recommendations in relation to change management processes.
- Effectively using listening skills, adaptability, and initiative.
- Effectively using both oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- One year work experience in a Help Center/Customer Service Support role.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of personal computing courses.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.