Job Description - Coordinator, Recording Studio Lab
Description View created on 03/29/2015
Coordinator, Recording Studio Lab
To maintain recording equipment, electrical and musical equipment, computers, and software for the recording studio, MIDI studio, and lab.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates daily operations and student use of the Commercial Music Management recording studio, MIDI studio, and lab.
- Repairs and maintains recording and music equipment computers and software used in the recording studio, MIDI studio and lab; updates and installs software.
- Prepares work schedule and assigns and reviews work of part-time lab monitors.
- Researches new equipment and prepares quote information; gathers information for Department approval; makes purchases upon obtaining purchasing approval.
- Schedules recording time for student projects.
- Maintains and repairs equipment used by Commercial Music Management music ensembles.
- Records recitals made by ensemble, faculty, and students.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Commercial music recording equipment and software.
- Practices and principles of music studio maintenance.
- Tools, materials, and techniques used in music equipment repair.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Repairing and maintaining music equipment.
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of subordinate personnel.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications and specialized commercial music software.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is performed in a music studio environment.
- Three years related work experience including recording, recording studio maintenance and troubleshooting music equipment.
- Five years related experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's degree in related field.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.