Job Description - Coordinator, Grants and Special Projects
Description View created on 09/21/2014
Coordinator, Grants and Special Projects
Department Chair, Electronics and Advanced Technologies Department
Coordinates all stages of program implementation and delivery, and assists in the ongoing documentation and reporting of program deliverables for the Electronics and Advanced Technologies Department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates, implements and facilitates various departmental grants including tracking deliverables, documenting grant requirements, and generating statistical reports.
- Partners with ACC financial management departments and partnering agencies to ensure appropriate management and allocation of grant funds.
- Gathers and compiles data for various statistical surveys and reports such as grant program deliverables and student tracking.
- Assists in the development of final reports.
- Confers with the Department Chair about developing ideas and materials for student recruitment.
- Contributes ideas on expanding subsequent grants and increasing student participation in the program.
- May oversee the work flow of hourly employees.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Grant programs and activities.
- Program documentation and reporting.
- Program implementation and delivery.
- Program funds management and allocation.
- Basic query methods and database management.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Data collection, analysis, and reporting writing.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Coordinating and maintaining project-based budgets.
- Working and interacting with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, including: Word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is routinely performed in standard office environments.
- Two years related work experience in grant or program coordination, data collection, and reports generation.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.