Job Description - Coordinator, Health Science Compliance
Description View created on 09/05/2015
Coordinator, Health Science Compliance
Executive Dean, Health Sciences
To coordinate and communicate information regarding compliance programs for academic and Continuing Education Health Science students.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates compliance program activities for Health Science students.
- Reviews and coordinates criminal background checks through the contracted vendor.
- Coordinates and reviews student immunization and immunity levels upon receipt of applications.
- Provides assistance to the Supervisor in relation to the development and implementation of drug screening processes.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation for compliance programs.
- Communicates with students regarding the outcome of criminal background checks.
- Serves as liaison to faculty, staff, and external agencies regarding procedures and expectations related to resolving compliance issues.
- Coordinates internal tracking of accidents and exposure incidents; liaises with Risk Management.
- Provides information and counseling to faculty, staff, and students regarding immunization schedules and processes; promotes the need for proper immunization and safety of students.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- HIPPA regulations and requirements.
- FERPA regulations and requirements.
- Academic and continuing education compliance programs related to Health Science.
- Immunization schedules approved by the state of Texas.
- Criminal background checks processes and procedures.
- Drug screening processes.
- Processes for tracking accident and exposure incidents
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy, and working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Coordinating Health Science compliance program activities.
- Liaising with faculty, staff, and external agencies regarding compliance procedures and issues.
- Maintaining accurate documentation and records in relation to compliance programs.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Two years work experience in a clinical setting, including working as a school nurse or nursing faculty member.
- Work experience in an area requiring evaluation of immunization requirements and data management.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Current Texas Nursing license, without stipulations. Valid Texas Drivers License.
- Reliable transportation for local Austin travel.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.