Job Description - Account Executive, Customized Training
Description View created on 08/29/2014
Account Executive, Customized Training
Director, CE Business & Marketing
To assess the needs of government, business, private not-for-profit, and industrial sectors of the area; sell customized training and assessment services in response to workforce demands.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prospects, sells, markets, promotes, and offers a variety of customized training courses and seminars designed to develop, enrich, and train the community workforce.
- Conducts administrative tasks in relation to class implementation including ordering books and duplication, payroll, billing, and collections; recruits, interviews, and hires content experts.
- Prepares, negotiates, and finalizes educational training contracts with external customers including establishing courses, dates, times, locations, and costs.
- Manages and coordinates course logistics with the Workforce Training/Continuing Education staff; ensures professional delivery and completion.
- Monitors the progress of programs in operation, initiates meetings and establishes procedures for consultants/instructors to discuss issues and/or feedback.
- Establishes and sustains customer relationships during and after regular business hours through numerous networking channels.
- Monitors state and federal programs associated with public funding for workforce training.
- May write and oversee workforce grants as required.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- State and federal programs associated with workforce training.
- Educational training contracts.
- Sales processes and techniques.
- Employee training programs.
- Curriculum development.
- Coordinating course logistics to ensure professional delivery.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Establishing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Negotiating and securing educational contracts.
- Prospecting, marketing, and selling a variety of customized training courses.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Maintaining an established work schedule as well as working outside normal business hours for the purpose of conducting professional networking activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting and moving of objects up to 40 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is normally conducted in an office environment with routine local travel.
- Two years work experience marketing and/or selling employee training programs.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, education, or related field.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.