Job Description - Specialist, Building
Description View created on 09/17/2014
To provide clerical and administrative support.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules rooms for Continuing Education classes and events, and for ACC meetings.
- Assists internal and external clients ensuring special requests are resolved.
- Coordination of event planning, room set up, room use, and clean up.
- Oversees logistics of room and office relocation and remodeling, and temporary office space.
- May perform administrative support duties for the CE Department.
- Serves as communication liaison with cleaning contractor, informing them of special needs within the building for events, meetings, etc. Oversees daily workflow and projects for building attendants.
- May assist with room set up, rearrangement, as needed.
- Responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or on the telephone; accesses and works with other staff to assist in resolving issues from employees and the public concerning room use.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Setting priorities for cleaning services.
- Room scheduling and set up techniques and priorities, and esolution techniques to eliminate room scheduling conflicts.
- Physical logistics associated with room use for special events, meetings ,and office locations.
- Customer service techniques.
- Room and floor layout of Highland Business Center.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level using standard office software applications.
- Experience with scheduling software.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 40 pounds.
- Work is routinely performed in office environments.
- Two years clerical, office or related work experience.
- High School diploma or educational equivalent.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.