Job Description - Specialist, CE Floral Design & Horitculture
Description View created on 07/06/2015
Specialist, CE Floral Design & Horitculture
Director, Community Programs
To plan, schedule, and implement the Continuing Education (CE) Floral Design and Horticulture program.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates with students and serves as communication liaison to external entities to answer questions and explain floral program course offerings.
- Schedules floral courses based on instructor contact and space availability.
- Communicates with instructors to monitor current and future floral classes.
- Teaches Floral Design & Horticulture courses.
- Develops advertising materials for the program.
- Conducts weekly sale of items produced by class participants for program revenue generation.
- Sets up floral arrangements for CE special events.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Methods and techniques of creating floral designs.
- Practices and trends in floral design, gardening, and horticulture.
- Schedule development and coordination.
- Teaching methods specific to Floral Design & Horticulture program.
- Business practices and methodologies specific to Floral Design & Horticulture.
- Educational institutions functions and processes.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Creating floral designs for use in a variety of settings.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects.
- Track expenses and floral budget.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Application of teaching principles when conducting CE Community Program classes.
- Working and interacting with diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 40 lbs.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and manual dexterity.
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- One year related work experience.
- High School or educational equivalent.
- Master Florist Certification from the Texas Master Florist Association.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.