Job Description - Coordinator, Continuing Education Community Programs
Description View created on 07/31/2015
Coordinator, Continuing Education Community Programs
Director, Community Programs
To coordinate community workforce and skill related courses and programs; works with instructors and students to create a schedule of classes each semester.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates with students and serves as communication liaison to external intities to answer questions and explain program offerings.
- Schedules courses based on instructor contact and space availability.
- Communicates with instructors to monitor current and future classes.
- Teaches programs offered through the department.
- Develops advertising materials for the department.
- Evaluates courses and instructors for upcoming sessions.
- Conducts weekly sale of items produced by class participants for program revenue generation.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Methods and techniques of marketing classes.
- Educational institutions functions and processes.
- Schedule development and coordination.
- Teaching methods specific to CE Community Programs content.
- Business practices and methodologies within specific CE Community Programs.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects.
- Preparing reports using various software applications.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Application of teaching principles when conducting CE Community Program classes.
- Working and interacting with diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 40 lbs.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and manual dexterity.
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- One year related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.