Job Description - Specialist, Student Outreach
Description View created on 09/22/2014
Specialist, Student Outreach
Executive Director, Adult Education
To recruit appropriate students into the Peierls Foundation Stipend and Scholarship program.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains follow up system with Peierls Scholarship recipients via letters, phone calls, and visits.
- Tracks the success of the Peierls Foundation Stipend and Scholarship program through the use of detailed spreadsheets.
- Prepares and tracks GED testing vouches for stipend recipients through the use of a detailed spreadsheet.
- Organizes Stipend and Scholarship committees to meet and review stipend and scholarship applications. Revises applications and application process to better evaluate applicants.
- Visits GED classes to present and promote the Peierls Foundation Stipend and Scholarship opportunities.
- Assists, orients, and registers new students through GED and ESL orientations.
- Coordinates the Peierls College Success and Peierls Orientation for new scholarship recipients.
- Assists in organizing the National Adult Education Honor Society induction ceremony.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Adult Education programs, classes, and requirements.
- Scholarship and stipend policies and practices.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, which may include some evenings.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including the use of tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Making individual or group presentations.
- Effectively working with a diverse and multicultural student body.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level using standard office software .
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- Two years work experience with high school dropouts and/or economically disadvantaged students.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.