Job Description - Coordinator, Adult Education Staff Development
Description View created on 05/26/2015
Coordinator, Adult Education Staff Development
Executive Director, Adult Education
To plan and implement a professional development plan for Adult Education staff and instructors.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and implements professional development for staff and faculty which includes scheduling facilitators and training, revising schedule and plan as necessary.
- Conducts workshops and facilitates professional development in different areas related to Adult Education.
- Maintains a professional development file for all staff and instructors ensuring that the required paperwork is on file and kept up to date.
- Monitors staff and faculty professional development hours throughout the year to ensure annual requirements are met.
- Provides ongoing mentoring and training for new instructors.
- Provides assistance and training to instructors who are having problems in the classroom or have developmental needs.
- Assists in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new instructors.
- Consults with other coordinators regarding the purchasing of books, materials, and supplies for Adult Education classes; purchases resource books and materials for teacher training and use.
- Assists in integrating, developing, and upgrading the Adult Education curriculum.
- Builds and maintains community partnerships; attends meetings and conferences.
- May assist with student intake and other events that pertain to the promotion and recruitment of students.
- Revises forms and updates the Instructor Manual to reflect changes in policies and procedures; trains all instructors on procedures to follow in using new forms.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Adult Education programs, classes, and requirements.
- Adult education principles, practices, and theories.
- Learning assessment techniques and practices.
- Curriculum development and instruction design techniques and practices.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including some evenings.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including the use of tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Making individual and group presentations, conducting workshops and providing training.
- Developing curriculum, training materials, and learning activities.
- Working collaboratively.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 40 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- One year staff development work experience.
- Experience teaching both ABE/GED and ESL classes for adults.
- Bachelor's degree in education, language teaching, or related field.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.