Job Description - Coordinator, Data Management
Description View created on 10/13/2015
Coordinator, Data Management
Executive Director, Adult Education
To plan, coordinate, and manage records and data systems.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains department-wide data management systems.
- Prepares reports and written materials.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends changes to systems and processes related to the collection, reporting, and dissemination of information.
- Stays current regarding Adult Education rules and regulations, performance measures, data collection methodology, and state mandated data systems.
- Works to integrate Adult Education and ACC data systems.
- Provides quality assurance by analyzing and verifying data entered into the state mandated system.
- Generates rosters and reports for instructors on a regular basis. Works with instructors to ensure all data is collected and is verifiable.
- Trains regular and hourly staff on data systems.
- Plans and oversees archiving of student records.
- Creates reports for the director and for internal and external stake holders.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Data collection, verification, and compilation methods
- Report design
- Ability to communicate clearly and explain complex systems to non-technical personnel.
- Basic querying methods
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communcations skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Data collection, analysis, and report writing.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using advanced office software applications. Experience with databases.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is routinely performed in standard office environments.
- Two years related work experience in data collection, management, and analysis.
- Experience teaching in or managing adult education programs. Experience with Adult Education data systems and testing instruments. Experience with grant related records or accountability.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.