Job Description - Assistant II, Administrative
Description View created on 01/26/2015
Assistant II, Administrative
Director, Manager, Supervisor, or designee
To provide office support.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs office duties in support of faculty, staff and/or student efforts, including word processing, data entry, maintaining files, processing mail, and duplication.
- Gathers, compiles and enters data, producing routine reports and documents.
- Produces handouts, fliers, newsletters, brochures, manuals, and other documents.
- Answers the telephone, routes calls, or takes messages; responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or on the telephone.
- May input budget figures, prepare requisitions, log and track expenditures, take payments, or issue invoices or bills.
- Maintains tracking systems and logs.
- Operates office equipment such as copiers and fax machines.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- One year clerical, office, or related work experience.
- High School diploma or educational equivalent.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.