Job Description - Assistant I, Administrative
Description View created on 02/01/2015
Assistant I, Administrative
Department Head, Supervisor, or designee
To provide clerical support.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs clerical duties such as entering data, filing, counting and sorting brochures, envelopes and other supplies, preparing items to mail, and packing and unpacking items.
- Responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or over the telephone.
- May receive, review, and maintain departmental records and documents.
- May input or retrieve department data and make inquiries via software applications.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- Six months work experience in related field.
- High School diploma or educational equivalent.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.