Job Description - Director, ACC Fire Academy
Description View created on 11/26/2014
Director, ACC Fire Academy
To direct and manage the programs and staff at the ACC Fire Training Academy.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews course curriculum and Commission certification requirements; updates with new course curriculum; prepares course schedules, and instructor assignments.
- Prepares and manages operational budget; processes requisitions, purchase orders and financial data; conducts annual budget review.
- Reviews and updates operational policies.
- Hires and supervises office and instructional staff; provides counseling as appropriate.
- Reviews and approves payroll.
- Maintains and repairs training equipment.
- Ensures compliance with all health and safety rules and processes.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Principles, best practices, and trends in fire training and management.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
- Certification standards.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Leading and coordinating the activities of subordinate personnel.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Routine lifting and moving of objects up to 80 pounds.
- Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling, climbing, and stooping.
- Work environment includes both inside and outside environments with exposure to extreme heat.
- Two years related work experience.
- Five years experience as Line Fire Fighter.Five years experience as Company Officer. Five years experience teaching experience.
- Associate's degree or two-year technical certificate in fire fighting or related area.
- Intermediate Fire Fighter Certification, and Intermediate Instructor Certification with Methods of Teaching.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.