This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Winter Schedule: (Monday - Thursday, 5:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) (Summer Schedule: Monday - Friday, 5:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.|
To maintain campus grounds, sidewalks, roadways, and parking lots.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains shrubs, trees, lawns, planting areas, plants shrubs, trees, and flowers; prunes trees and shrubs.
- Removes debris from stairs and walks, rakes leaves, and mows lawns.
- Waters trees, shrubs, and lawns and performs irrigation activities.
- Sprays for weeds and insects using unrestricted chemicals as required.
- Assists in the maintenance of parking lots and other surfaces, including minor asphalt repairs as required.
- Operates large power and field mowers, hand tools, power tools, and large vehicles associated with grounds maintenance and landscaping activities.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair on equipment and tools as required.
- Complies with all applicable health and safety regulations, policies, and established work practices.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Equipment, tools, and procedures used in grounds care.
- Safe work practices.
- Fertilizers, insecticides, and herbicides used in grounds care and gardening.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, with occasional nights and weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Operating grounds maintenance equipment and tools.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Basic Computer skills are necessary to complete e-time and to review weekly schedules and get other assignments from the Grounds Supervisor.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and dangerous equipment.
- Routine lifting of objects up to 80 pounds such as blowers, air compressors, saws and other equipment.
- Subject to standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Work is performed primarily in an external environment and with exposure to inclement weather, and varying temperatures.
- One year grounds maintenance work experience.
- It is preferred that the applicant has 2 - 5 years of experience for the position of Grounds Keeper.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- It is also Preferred that the applicant has a license to spray for weeds through Texas Department of Agriculture.
- Reliable Transportation to the job site every day
- Be at work on time - daily
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.