This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.|
To provide telecommunications equipment installation and maintenance for ACC.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs telecommunications equipment and data/voice cabling including computer and telephone lines, cabling for fiber optic and cable TV, Ethernet switches, and battery packs; installs, programs, and moves telephones.
- Responds to Help Desk, Information Technology and/or supervisor requests; repairs or resolves telecommunications problems; services telecommunications equipment both on and off campus.
- Documents and maintains all Telecom closets and equipment rooms including labeling telephone, computer or cabling equipment, and cleaning and securing all closets/rooms.
- Constructs or builds any racks, cable trays, or equipment as required.
- Orders parts, controls inventory, and updates work order information.
- Schedules telephone and data repairs and orders.
- Installs Voice over IP (VoIP) equipment.
- Assigns work and oversees activities of other technicians or hourly telecommunications staff as required.
- Works with vendors to identify issues and determine proper resolution.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Wiring, telephones, and data communications equipment.
- Knowledge of Northern Telecom Option 11C-81C PBX systems.
- Installation and repair processes for communications equipment and cabling.
- Troubleshooting methods and testing devices.
- Cable plant construction and cable splicing.
- Schematics and blueprints.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule and providing on-call assistance, including nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Installing and maintaining telecommunications equipment and cabling.
- Responding to requests and resolving telecommunications problems.
- Maintaining telecom closets and equipment room.
- Reading floor plans, blueprints, schematics, and other technical drawings.
- Ordering parts and controlling inventory.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications as well as administration of instructional technology and telecommunications hardware, servers, network systems including video and wireless, database management systems, and providing technical support for desktop systems.
- May be subject to climbing ladders and working in tight spaces.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment
- Two years work experience in installation and repair of electronic telephone systems or network data telecommunications cable plant.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.