Coordinator, CE Workforce - Healthcare
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Location||Highland Business Center|
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Some evening and weekend hours required.|
|Position Focus||Healthcare programs including Certified Nurse Aid, Medication Aid, Activity Director, Re-entry Nursing, Pharmacy Tech CEUs|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To coordinate the development, scheduling, marketing, and implementation of quality Continuing Education (CE) healthcare focused workforce education programs for the Health Professions Institute at Austin Community College.
Director, Workforce Development Center
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates assigned area workforce education courses, programs, and activities including developing course schedules, organizing practicum/internship sites and acquiring new sites. Updates current courses and programs based on industry need.
- Assesses community needs based on input from students, instructors, professional associations, businesses, and industry professionals to develop or revise programs; organizes and confirms all new course work with relevant state agencies and credentialing organizations for certifications and required professional CEUs for license/certification¬† and renewal.
- Conducts administrative tasks in relation to class implementation including ordering books, duplication, payroll, billing, collections, maintaining inventories.Coordinates logistics, facilities, equipment and resources for professional delivery and completion of courses and programs.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, assigns, oversees, and mentors CE instructors.¬† Negotiates CE instructor agreements and evaluates hourly CE instructors in the development and delivery of training programs.¬† Ensures that all CE instructors have required skills and up-to-date required certifications/licenses.
- Responsible for fiscal judiciousness in program area.
- Advises CE students or prospective CE students regarding CE workforce programs; provides information regarding education and training required in CE programs; provides resources on where to obtain career opportunities. ¬†Addresses CE student issues, complaints, suggestions for improvements.
- Promotes and markets courses and programs.¬† Creates and maintains current brochures, applications, web resources, and other program marketing materials; maintains listservs.¬† Promotes programs through numerous network channels such as attending job and career fairs, high school, ¬†professional association meetings,¬† job clubs; ¬†interfaces with community organizations and internally within ACC to represent the assigned Workforce area and programs.
- Monitors the progress of programs and courses.¬† Evaluates the effectiveness of programs and performance of CE instructors to ensure customer satisfaction, program quality, and regulatory compliance.¬† Establishes and sustains customer service and relationships.
- Serves on business and community advisory boards and ACC committees; attends professional conferences, state and local agency meetings, and professional organizations.¬†
- Collaborates with ACC academic departments to ensure delivery of integrated courses when appropriate and opportunities for stackable credentials.
- Coordinates with agencies to provide workforce training for their clients and assists with contract negotiations.
- Teach continuing education course work as required.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Workforce education programs.
- Healthcare professions, programs, courses, and curriculum.
- Marketing materials and web resources used to promote Healthcare programs.
- Accreditation requirements
- Program quality and regulatory standards.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Coordinating all aspects of healthcare education courses and programs.
- Advising students regarding workforce training, education, enrollment, and healthcare career opportunities.
- Developing and/or revising programs, courses, and curriculum.
- Assigning, supervising, and advising hourly instructors.
- Evaluating instructor performance and program quality.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Two years working in a health science area, including one year experience working as RN in skilled nursing facility.
- Two or more years working as RN in skilled nursing facility. Experience in administration of educational training programs and class scheduling, and/or two years health science teaching experience.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Licensed Registered Nurse.Valid Texas Drivers License.
- Reliable transportation for local area travel.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.