Assistant, Library - Part-Time (50%)
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. -- schedule may vary|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person’s access to any of the College’s online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To assist patrons and perform all routine circulation desk operations and other procedures in an automated environment.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes other routine procedures and daily library functions including checking-in, checking-out, sorting and shelving items, checking book drops, logging-on computers, and opening/closing library.
- Updates and maintains patron, periodicals and reserves records.
- Maintains collection through proper shelving, material processing, and repair.
- Maintains and processes reserve materials and files; or maintains and processes periodicals, and/or monitors missing periodical issues, or manages overdue notices, and records daily library statistics.
- Monitors and troubleshoots problems with copiers, printers, and the security system.
- Inventories and maintains circulation desk supplies. Picks up, sorts and delivers mail.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Functions and operations of a library.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Providing good customer service.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications and working in an automated environment.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 30 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing, and stooping.
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- One year related work experience.
- Work experience in library circulation department and use of library automated systems.
- Associate's degree or combination of educational equivalent and/or related work experience.
- Knowledge of library services and operations especially in a community college setting. Knowledge of basic troubleshooting of hardware and software, including desktop/laptop computers, printers and other equipment.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.