Assistant, Senior Library
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - schedule may vary|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person’s access to any of the College’s online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To coordinate circulation desk activities, assist patrons and oversee statistical collection and reporting.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates circulation activities by monitoring collection of fines, checking in/out of materials, security, and scheduling issues.
- Communicates information and changes in procedures, schedules, processes, and projects.
- Reconciles cash drawer, creates invoices in database, and submits deposits to Cashier's Office.
- Assists patrons with questions, equipment use, and updating information.
- Tabulates daily statistic sheets and computes monthly statistical reports.
- May order office supplies.
- Serves as key contact for troubleshooting problems with copiers, printers and the security gate.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Library computer database system.
- Principles and practices of library operations.
- Office and library equipment and maintenance functions.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Providing customer service.
- Researching and locating information and materials.
- Overseeing and reviewing the work of others.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software and troubleshooting hardware and software of desktop/laptop computers, printers and other equipment.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 30 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling, climbing, and stooping.
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- Two years library, or related, work experience.
- Work experience in library circulation department and use of automated systems.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of ACC Library Services Policy and Procedures Manual, inter-library loan policies and processes. Skill in operating barcode scanner, book sensitizer/desensitizer.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.