Adjunct Faculty, Nursing
Apply for this Position
Position open until filled.
Originally posted on 08/07/2013
Clinical Agency sites throughout the Austin Metropolitan Area
|Hours||Hours as assigned. Varies by course and clinical agency. May include evenings and weekends.|
|Position Focus||Clinical Instruction Associate Degree Nursing|
|Salary||Salary is assigned according to the Adjunct Faculty Salary Scale|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To instruct students in accordance with College policies and procedures in the ACC Nursing Program.
Department Chair, Nursing
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches a variety of Associate Degree Nursing courses in clinical and laboratory and settings. May include classroom instruction.
- Utilizes innovative teaching strategies to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population including educational and clinical technology as well as online format for course communication.
- Collaborates with course faculty to develop lesson plans, research and reference materials, syllabi, and other learning tools in accordance with the ADN curriculum.
- Advises students, maintains office hours, maintains professional competence, and participates in professional development activities.
- Maintains professional competence, and participates in professional development activities.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Department Chair, Executive Dean, and/or Vice president.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Effective teaching techniques adaptable to a variety of learning styles.
- Understanding the comprehensive mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Subject matter and related and/or relevant topics and issues in the teaching discipline.
- Sensitive issues relating to a diverse student body.
- Principles and practices associated with Servant-Leadership.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Effective planning, organizing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effectively assisting student learning.
- Interacting with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Being punctual for classes and office hours. Faculty assignments may include days and evenings.
- Maintaining and established schedule, including evenings and weekends, including possible multiple campus locations, which may vary by semester.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information.
- Demonstrated commitment to Associate Degree Nursing education.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, interactive video and on-line format technology, class room, clinical, lab, or other current learning technologies for effective teaching at the community college level. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office software systems.
- Ability to communicate with students, faculty, staff and clinical agency personnel.
- Instruction takes place in clinical, and laboratory and/or classroom settings.
- Manual dexterity and ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds. Ability to meet technical standards or the Health Sciences division.
- Three years work experience as a registered nurse.
- Prior nursing education experience. Clinical experience in an acute care setting.
- Experience in the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission accreditation process.
- Previous experience with distance learning technology
- In accordance with SACS accreditation requirements, Master of Science in Nursing. SACS requirements may differ depending on the courses taught within the discipline. For specific requirements by course, please see the current year Faculty Qualifications Table located at http://www.austincc.edu/faculty/credentials/.
- Licensure: Current Texas Nursing License, without stipulations, or eligibility for licensure.
- This is a Security Sensitive position. Pre-Employment Criminal History Checks are required.Official transcripts are required. Reliable transportation may be required for teaching in multiple campus locations.
- Reliable transportation for local area travel.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Applications are complete upon receipt of an official transcript. ACC only accepts transcripts that are mailed directly from educational institutions. Educational Institutions must mail transcripts to the Highland Business Center, Attn. E.M. Breedlove, 5930 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752.
Transcript Policy http://www.austincc.edu/hr/apply/transcriptpolicy.php
Applicants who have degrees earned from educational institutions located outside of the United States are required to have their transcripts evaluated by a recognized credential evaluation service prior to applying for Faculty and/or Adjunct Faculty positions. If the transcripts are in a foreign language, applicants also need to have their transcripts translated prior to applying for ACC job opportunities.
Foreign Transcript Policy http://www.austincc.edu/hr/apply/transcriptpolicy.php
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.