Specialist I I - Hourly - ADN
Apply for this Position
Position open until filled.
Originally posted on 10/09/2013
Round Rock Campus and Cypress Creek Campus
|Hours||19 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Some evening and Saturday hours as assigned.|
|Position Focus||Nursing Skills Lab|
|Salary||$14.50/hr, NO BENEFITS|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person’s access to any of the College’s online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To provide complex specialized services and support to departmental office or program.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assigned to work in a specialty area(nursing skills lab) in the Associate Degree Nursing department.
- May coordinate and implement materials to support departmental programs.
- Assists with general reporting and maintenance of lab equipment as required.
- Sets up labs as directed by skills lab manager.
- May review and provide reports as requested.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Processes, practices, and procedures related to the departmental work being done.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Moving and lifting of objects including mannequins.
- Two years related work experience.
- Vocational Nursing Certificate
- Current Unrestricted Texas License - Vocational Nurse
- Current Texas License - Associate Degree Nurse
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.