Faculty, Diagnostic Medical Imaging-Radiology
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Hours as assigned: Must maintain an established schedule. Some positions may also include evenings and weekends.|
|Position Focus||Didactic, Laboratory, and Clinical Instruction|
|Salary||Salary is assigned according to the Full-Time Faculty Salary Scale|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To instruct students in Medical Diagnostic Imaging-Radiology in accordance with College policies and procedures.
Department Chair, Radiologic Technology Program
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Instructs students in courses in the Diagnostic Medical Imaging-Radiology discipline. Provides learning activities that stimulate student involvement and encourage critical thinking.
- Participates in ongoing curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation. Assist Department Chair with program accreditation requirements.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in the field, service, in the profession and/or the community.
- Plans and organizes lesson plans, research and reference materials, syllabi, and other learning aids.
- Utilizes innovative teaching strategies to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population: including, but not limited to, interactive video technology, online format and other uses of technology in the classroom and lab setting.
- Facilitates, supervises and evaluates students in a variety of clinical settings. Clinical locations, days and times may vary.
- Participates in graduation, general assembly, and other official College functions.
- Responsibilities also include advising students, maintaining office hours, serving on program and College committees, maintaining professional competence, and participating in professional development activities.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Department Chair, Executive Dean, and/or Vice president.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Effective teaching techniques adaptable to a variety of learning styles.
- Understanding the comprehensive mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Subject matter and related and/or relevant topics and issues in the teaching discipline.
- Sensitive to issues relating to a diverse student body.
- Principles and practices associated with Servant-Leadership.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Effective planning, organizing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effectively assisting student learning.
- Interacting with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Being punctual for classes and office hours.
- Maintaining and established schedule, including evenings and weekends, including possible multiple campus locations, which may vary by semester.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, class room, clinical, lab, or other current learning technologies for effective teaching at the community college level.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students.
- Work is routinely performed in a classroom, laboratory, or clinical setting.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in general radiography.
- Experience as a faculty member in a program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology and experience in performing Vascular-Interventional (Special Radiographic Procedures)
- In accordance with SACS accreditation requirements: Associate of Applied Science degree in Radiologic Technology. SACS requirements may differ depending on the courses taught within the discipline. For specific requirements by course, please see the current year Faculty Qualifications Table located at www.austincc.edu/faculty credentials/.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master of Science Degree in Radiologic Sciences or equivalent degree.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Credentialing in Radiography (R) and Texas Department of State Heath Services Licensure by the Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification Program. Also preferred credentialing in Vascular-Inteventional Procedures.
- This is a Security Sensitive position. Pre-Employment Criminal History Checks are required.Official transcripts are required. Reliable transportation may be required for teaching in multiple campus locations.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Applications are complete upon receipt of an official transcript. ACC only accepts transcripts that are mailed directly from educational institutions. Educational Institutions must mail transcripts to the Highland Business Center, Attn. E.M. Breedlove, 5930 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752.
Transcript Policy http://www.austincc.edu/hr/apply/transcriptpolicy.php
Applicants who have degrees earned from educational institutions located outside of the United States are required to have their transcripts evaluated by a recognized credential evaluation service prior to applying for Faculty and/or Adjunct Faculty positions. If the transcripts are in a foreign language, applicants also need to have their transcripts translated prior to applying for ACC job opportunities.
Foreign Transcript Policy http://www.austincc.edu/hr/apply/transcriptpolicy.php
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.