Specialist, Professional Development Technology
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Location||Highland Business Center|
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Position Focus||Technology resource|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To present basic-level technology related workshops, to provide technical support in the development of professional development workshops and online teaching/learning modules; to maintain Human Resources website information and the Professional Development Database.
Manager, Staff Professional Development and Evaluation
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, facilitates, and presents basic-level technology related professional development workshops and online teaching/learning modules.
- Maintains professional development database of course offerings.
- Maintains, updates, and develops websites for Human Resources and related IT projects.
- Participates in and assists with development and implementation of Professional Development programs and workshops.
- May assist with special projects related to use of technology in professional development.
- May collaborate with IT to prepare training and procedure manuals and documentation, including written training manuals for hardware, microcomputer software adaptation, customized programs, and other system applications.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Instructional techniques, theory, and workshop design.
- Adult learning principles.
- Web/database maintenance.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Conducting workshop presentations.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using multimedia platforms.
- Researching and implementing new techniques and processes.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications, web page editors and multimedia editors, such as dreamweaver, wordpress, drupal. Proficient on website coding, CSS and XHTML.
- Occasional lifting of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is routinely performed in an office environment
- Two years related work experience.
- Three or more years in developing and conducting technology-related professional development workshops and developing web-based training modules in a higher education setting. Web design and maintenance (coding). Experience writing user manuals and/or technical documents.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Bachelor's degree in computer technology and or in a discipline related to the work to be performed.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.