Assistant, Testing - Hourly
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Thursdays 8:00 - 11:30 am; Saturdays 8:30 - 12:30 pm; Sundays 11:30 - 5:30 pm|
|Salary||$10.75/hr, NO BENEFITS|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To assist in test administration maintaining the integrity of the testing process and exam site security.
Testing Center Supervisor
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies candidates' identity and enrollment and directs to appropriate area; provides test instruction; distributes test materials; monitors students as they test; collects test materials at end of testing period; grades and files completed exam.
- Follows established Testing Center guidelines in working with students and faculty.
- Files tests, answer keys, and student answer sheets.
- Notifies Supervisor of testing security irregularities or unusual events during testing session. Interacts professionally and according to Testing Center guidelines in dealing with students cheating during test.
- Maintains appropriate level of supplies by notifying Supervisor of supply requirements.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Basic office practices and procedures.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Consistently following testing procedures.
- Maintaining confidentiality of test materials and results.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- One year related work experience.
- One year experience working with students and the public.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's degree.
- No ACC Testing Center employee can enroll in an ACC class that uses any ACC Testing Center. All ACC classes in which an ACC Testing Center employee is enrolled must be approved by the employee's immediate supervisor.
- Knowledge of ACC Administrative Rules, Policies and Procedures, and Testing Center guidelines.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.