This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
Internal - Open to current ACC Employees only
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To provide recruitment and academic advising services to prospective students.
Executive Director, Adult Education
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Makes presentations and recruiting visits to provide information to prospective students on options and programs available. This includes assisting in completing admissions applications, financial aid applications, collecting/assessing transcripts, assessment and testing, orientation, advising, and registration.
- Participates in the GED College Connection program.
- Attends college fairs, conducts tours, and participates in other special events to recruit prospective students to the college.
- Advises students; explains degree plans, admissions and registration procedures, provides assessment and financial aid information, and other requirements necessary for enrollment. Assists students with college processes and case manages them once enrolled in college.
- Establishes and maintains an active role in Adult Education and with community partners in order to recruit prospective students.
- Assists in developing recruitment and advising materials.
- Maintains and updates records and files and submits recruiting reports as appropriate.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- College admission and financial aid procedures.
- Sales and marketing strategies and techniques.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including the use of tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Making individual and group presentations.
- Interacting with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Subject to traveling within the local Austin area.
- Work is normally conducted in office environments.
- Two years related work experience that would result in the required level of knowledge and skills for performing the duties of this position including, student recruiting, advising, group and individual presentations of academic programs, and successful interaction with potential students, and/or development of promotions to recruit diverse student populations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.