Faculty, Associate Degree Nursing
- Grant Funded Position
Apply for this Position
Position open until filled.
Originally posted on 06/27/2014
|Hours||Hours as assigned: Must maintain an established schedule. This position has weekend clinical rotations. May also include evening labs.|
|Salary||Salary is assigned according to the Full-Time Faculty Salary Scale|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person’s access to any of the College’s online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To instruct students in accordance with College policies and procedures. Serves as full time faculty member in the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
Department Chair, Associate Degree Nursing (ADN)
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Facilitates, supervises and evaluates students in a variety of clinical settings. Clinical locations, days and times may vary.
- Teaches a variety of ADN courses in classroom, laboratory and clinical settings. Instructs in theory, lab, and clinical nursing, with an emphasis on medical-surgical content.
- Participates in ongoing curriculum development, implementation,and evaluation. Assists Department Chair with program accreditation requirements.
- Utilizes innovative teaching strategies to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population: including, but not limited to, interactive video technology, online format and other uses of technology in the classroom and lab setting.
- Plans and organizes lesson plans, research and reference materials, syllabi, and other learning aids.
- Advises students, maintains office hours, serves on program and College committees, maintains professional competence, and participates in professional development activities.
- Maintains professional competence, and participates in professional development activities.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Department Chair, Executive Dean, and/or Vice president.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Effective teaching techniques adaptable to a variety of learning styles.
- Understanding the comprehensive mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Subject matter and related and/or relevant topics and issues in the teaching discipline.
- Sensitive issues relating to a diverse student body.
- Principles and practices associated with Servant-Leadership.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Creativity and innovation in the field, and service in the profession and/or community.
- Effective planning, organizing, communication, organizational skills, and managing in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Effectively assist and assess student learning.
- Interacting with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Being punctual for classes and office hours.
- Maintaining and established schedule, including days, evenings and weekends, including possible multiple campus locations, which may vary by semester.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information.
- Demonstrated commitment to Associate Degree Nursing education.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, interactive video and on-line format technology, class room, clinical, lab, or other current learning technologies for effective teaching at the community college level. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office software systems.
- Manage data using technology and implement the use of technology in nursing.
- Ability to communicate with students.
- Instruction takes place in classroom, clinical, and lab settings.
- Manual dexterity, and ability to lift and move 30 pounds.
- Three years work experience as a registered nurse in a medical-surgical, maternal-child, or mental health acute care clinical setting.
- Two years effective community college experience at the Associate degree Nursing level.
- Previous experience with distance learning technology and instructional methods.
- Experience with Nursing Education accreditation process
- In accordance with SACS accreditation requirements, Masters of Science in Nursing. SACS requirements may differ depending on the courses taught within the discipline. For specific requirements by course, please see the current year Faculty Qualifications Table located at http://www.austincc.edu/faculty/credentials/.
- PhD in Nursing.
- Licensure: Current Texas Registered Nurse License, without stipulations, or eligibility for licensure.
- This is a Security Sensitive position. Pre-Employment Criminal History Checks are required.Official transcripts are required. Reliable transportation may be required for teaching in multiple campus locations.
- Reliable transportation for local area travel.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Applications are complete upon receipt of an official transcript. ACC only accepts transcripts that are mailed directly from educational institutions. Educational Institutions must mail transcripts to the Highland Business Center, Attn. E.M. Breedlove, 5930 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752.
Transcript Policy http://www.austincc.edu/hr/apply/transcriptpolicy.php
Applicants who have degrees earned from educational institutions located outside of the United States are required to have their transcripts evaluated by a recognized credential evaluation service prior to applying for Faculty and/or Adjunct Faculty positions. If the transcripts are in a foreign language, applicants also need to have their transcripts translated prior to applying for ACC job opportunities.
Foreign Transcript Policy http://www.austincc.edu/hr/apply/transcriptpolicy.php
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.