GED Examiner - Hourly
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Location||Highland Business Center|
|Hours||Up to 19 hours per week during the day.|
|Salary||$11.25/hr, NO BENEFITS|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To administer GED tests at the District prisons and jails.
Supervisor, Manager, or Director
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts GED exams in accordance with policies and procedures of the GED Testing Service Policies and Procedures manual including any supplemental memorandums from the GED Testing Service or Texas Education Agency.
- Conducts and monitors testing sessions in compliance with policies and procedures for administering tests; verifies the identity and eligibility of each GED candidate; arranges accommodations for candidates with disabilities.
- Maintains the security of GED testing materials at all times.
- Conducts an inventory of all GED exams at the beginning and end of each test session; prepares a written inventory of all secure testing materials used during each test session; maintains inventory documentation in a designated secure storage area.
- Maintains testing surveillance logs, seating charts, testing irregularity reports, and other documentation as required.
- Submits essays and testing materials after testing sessions as required.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- GED testing standards and protocols.
- Eligibility requirements in relation to GED testing.
- Working knowledge of the GED Testing Service Policies and Procedures Manual as well as the policies and procedures of the Texas Education Agency's GED Unit.
- GED testing security measures.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Administering GED exams in accordance with all applicable regulations and procedures.
- Determining eligibility and registering examinees for GED testing.
- Conducting exam inventories and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting and moving of objects up to 25 pounds.
- Work is performed in correctional facility environment.
- Six months testing, training, teaching or counseling work experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Attendance at a GED Examiner's Training Session prior to the first test administration session as a GED Examiner.
- Ability to be certified as a GED Examiner by the Texas Education Agency.
- Valid Texas Drivers' License.
- Criminal background check required prior to employment.
- Reliable transportation for travel in the ACC District.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.