Assistant, Senior Student Financial Aid
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. occasional evenings and Saturdays|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To assist in providing technical support in the administration of student financial aid services; assist in providing financial aid information and guidance to students.
Campus Financial Aid Supervisor or Designee.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides financial aid information to students regarding programs, application procedures, availability of funds, procedures for applying, and disbursement of funds.
- Assists in reviewing student financial aid applications and determining eligibility based on federal and state regulations.
- Applies federal and state regulations to all aspects of financial aid programs.
- Responds to and/or directs student financial aid inquiries in person or via telephone.
- Provides assistance with the College Work Study Program as required.
- Provides assistance with activities pertaining to financial aid outreach programs.
- Performs general clerical activities and provides support in relation to financial aid services.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Student financial aid processes and activities.
- Federal and state regulations pertaining to financial aid programs.
- Work study programs and financial aid outreach programs.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Providing information and guidance in relation to student financial aid programs.
- Reviewing financial aid applications and determining eligibility.
- Performing general clerical activities associated with financial aid services.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- One year student financial aid or related work experience.
- Two years student financial aid work experience.
- Associate's degree.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.