Clerk, Lead, Duplication/Mail Room
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||To be determined|
|Position Focus||Coordinate duplication of class materials, distribute mail and packages|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To coordinate duplication of materials, distribution of mail and packages and provide clerical support to faculty and staff.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates, supports, and monitors duplication and mailroom services.
- Assigns jobs to duplication staff.
- Organizes campus mailroom system. Sorts and distributes mail, receives and ships packages and mail; logs incoming packages. Creates and maintains mailboxes for faculty and staff.
- Provides word processing, proofreading, and other clerical services to faculty and staff.
- Ensures exams, syllabi and other pertinent information are completed at deadline and exams are kept secured at all times.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of problems. Serves as point of contact for service calls.
- Prepares monthly and semester billing reports.
- May collect money from coin operated machines and deposit at cashier's office.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Practices and principles copying and duplication.
- Copying and duplication preventative maintenance.
- Practices and principles of prioritizing work flow.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Operating copying, binding, duplication, and other office equipment.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information and materials.
- Prioritizing work flow.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling, climbing, stooping.
- Work is routinely performed in office environments, with occasional work in outside environments.
- One year work experience in copying, duplicating or related field.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.