Tutor I-V - Hourly
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Maximum of 19 hours a week.|
|Position Focus||Math,Developmental Math, English and Writing, ESOL, Biology, Chemistry, Physics|
|Salary||$/hr, NO BENEFITS|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
Manager, Learning Lab
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Tutors students according to set priorities and academic goals.
- Provides assistance to students on a one-on-one or group basis in the subject discipline, college study skills, and Learning Lab resources.
- Organizes supplemental learning materials.
- Provides feedback on student progress.
- May assist with research, development, delivery, and evaluation of specialized tutoring services and/or resources for tutorial activities.
- May lead study groups in the subject matter.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Tutoring techniques, standards, and supplemental learning materials for individual and group tutoring.
- Learning Lab services.
- Processes and resources for organizing and leading study groups.
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the disciplines to be tutored: English, Developmental Writing, Developmental Reading, Mathematics at all levels including Developmental Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Accounting, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). Other disciplines may be requested.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact, patience, and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Understanding and following instructions precisely.
- Providing quality tutorial services to groups and individuals and providing feedback regarding student performance and/or progress.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including students, fellow tutors, and faculty.
- Maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes good relations with students, co-workers, and staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Work is performed in a learning lab environment on campus in an academic setting.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds
- For all Tutor levels: one semester related work experience.
- Tutor I: Some college course work in the discipline. $11.25/hour.
- Tutor II: Significant related experience in the discipline. $12.25/hour.
- Tutor III: Significant related experience in the discipline. $13.50/hour.
- Tutor IV: Significant related experience and expertise in the discipline. $15.00/hour.
- Tutor V: Significant experience and expertise in or related to a difficult-to-fill or specialized discipline. $17.00/hour.
- For all Tutor levels: one or more years of related work experience.
- Degree or substantial undergraduate coursework in the discipline, and demonstrated competence in the subjects that will be tutored.
- Tutor I: Associates degree
- Tutor II: Associates degree in the discipline or related field.
- Tutor III: Associates degree, or Bachelor's degree in discipline or related field.
- Tutor IV: Bachelor's degree, or Master's degree in discipline or related field.
- Tutor V: Appropriate degree in specialized area.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.