Assistant, Senior Testing
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.(some evenings/weekends)|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To assist in the administration of the testing center program ensuring program integrity and that Testing Center policies and procedures are followed. Administers and grades exams.
Manager, Testing Center
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers testing program by verifying candidates' identity and enrollment and directs to appropriate area; provides test instruction; distributes test materials; monitors area; collects test materials at end of testing period; grades and files completed exam; reports any scholastic dishonesty cases to Supervisor.
- Depending on area of assignment, maintains database for statistical reports and may assist other testing centers with their database maintenance; updates central (ISD scoring) server each semester to input new data needed for new semester to score tests; installs ISD Scoring program in new computers and connects to central server.
- Confirms testing instructions, materials allowed, deadline dates, and disposition of completed exams with Instructor; counts and reviews exams for proper format and advises instructors of needed corrections; records dates tests are received.
- Responds to faculty and staff to ensure timely and accurate administration of exams; makes any changes to deadlines as requested.
- Prepares test instrument by entering test into database, assigns tracking number; prepares color-coded exams in file folders for distribution; files in appropriate file cabinet.
- Keys statistical data such as tests taken, mailed, or picked up and answer keys for scoring system.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Accepted practices in test administration.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Consistently following testing procedures.
- Maintaining confidentiality of test materials and results.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Two years related work experience and/or administrative support services experience.
- Three years related work experience, and/or dealing with the public or in a customer service capacity.
- Associate's degree or completion of sixty (60) college hours.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of ACC Administrative Rules, Policies and Procedures, and Testing Center guidelines.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.