This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To provide support services to prospective and current students, staff, and faculty.
Supervisor, Admissions and Records.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides customer service to prospective, current, and former students; assists students with registration issues and in requesting and distributing student transcripts.
- Performs various data entry and clerical duties in order to maintain accurate student records; prepares, receives, reviews, and maintains department records and/or documents; opens and distributes mail, files, and maintains office supplies as needed.
- Responds to inquiries from students, departments, or general public by telephone, fax, e-mail, or in person regarding application status, admissions, records, or related department procedures; provides information as requested.
- Maintains computerized student files by entering updates and/or deleting records as required.
- Verifies enrollment and residency status following established guidelines; processes college identification cards.
- Reviews and processes forms necessary to process changes such as reinstatements, withdrawals, schedule changes, and grade changes.
- Participates, prepares, and assists with College Connection.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Principles and practices pertaining admissions and/or graduation procedures.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Applying academic record policy and procedures.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications and student information and database systems.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is routinely performed in office environments
- One year of related work experience.
- Customer service work experience and/or work experience in a higher education setting.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.