Manager, Highland Testing Center
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.(regular evenings & weekends)|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To manage the Highland Business Center Assessment and Testing site, supervise the acquisition of additional testing opportunities, and to oversee other contract test locations for Austin Community College.
Dean, Student Services
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages testing centers activities and staff scheduling; approves written procedures and guidelines for all testing activities, audit, and money transactions; and oversees implementation of proper testing protocols.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and evaluates testing center personnel to ensure adequate staff coverage to meet daily testing workload; conducts workshops to provide professional development of testing personnel; maintains a list of qualified and trained proctors to administer exams for ACC at on or offsite testing centers.
- Assesses business testing needs in partnership with the Workforce Development group and develops new assessment and testing services, which includes "High Stakes" testing through the ACT Certification and Licensure Exam Program, Pearson VAU Testing Center, MSSC Testing Center, iBT/GRE Testing Center, National Testing Consortium, CLEP Testing Center, DSST Testing Center, Proctored Examination Center, Academic, TSI, TABE and contract test sites off of the Austin Community College campuses.
- Oversees and signs annual center contracts including renewals and new contract arrangements.
- Schedules and administers course placement assessment and instructional testing.
- Develops security plan for all assessments housed in the Center.
- Develops and implements, in collaboration with process holder and Dean, procedures to ensure compliance of college policies, state requirements, and quality service.
- Follows state and college regulations and course skill requirements to determine eligibility for assessment testing.
- Interprets test scores and high school/college transcripts for course placement.
- Ensures that rules and regulations of national testing companies, the American Council on Education, and the Texas Education Agency are followed.
- Serves as the Budget Authority and manages the preparation and monitoring of the unit budget, preparation of purchase requisitions, and maintains supplies and equipment inventories. Manages the collection of accounts receivables, maintains fiscal records and the audits of all money transactions to include the invoicing of center funds.
- Supervises the collection of data in relation to report preparation, trend utilization, and monthly billing of programs using ACC testing facilities.
- Responsible to see that testing center environments are sensitive to user requirements.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- High Stakes Certification and Licensure Testing administration.
- Budget preparation and expense control.
- Supervisor principles, practices, and methods.
- Testing policies and procedures.
- Testing center user requirements.
- Security measures and standards in relation to testing.
- Student identification procedures, administration of tests, and scoring.
- Reporting processes in relation to alleged scholastic dishonesty.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Overseeing all aspects of testing, certification, and licensure center activities.
- Assessing business testing needs.
- Managing budgets, coordinating purchase requisitions, and maintaining supplies and equipment inventories.
- Effectively supervisor, leading, and delegating tasks and authority.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Providing test center security and enforcing/reviewing test center procedures.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Two years assessment/testing work experience, including one year supervisory experience.
- Work experience at an educational testing center that conducted "High Stakes Examination".
- Bachelor's degree.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Within 60 days of hire, must be able to be obtain the following certifications: High Stakes Certification and Licensures, Testing Center Administrator Certification, and GED Chief Examiner by the Texas Education Agency.
- Within 60 days of hire, must obtain the following appointments: Texas Education Agency appointment as GED Chief Examiner; Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board appointment as THEA Test Center Director. Must be able to be appointed as a GED Examiner and pass all certifications for "High Stakes Testing".
- Supervise safe operation of unit. Facilitate safety inspections. Take reasonable and prudent actions to eliminate identified hazards. Ensure employees receive appropriate safety training and foster a workplace safety culture.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.