This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Some Evening & Weekend Hours.|
|Salary||Salary is assigned according to the Full-Time Faculty Salary Scale.|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To provide reference and library instruction services to students, faculty and staff.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in Library Services budget planning and the formulation of goals, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains records and statistical data on LS functions and services as appropriate.
- Serves on and participate in LS and college-wide committees and meetings.
- Delivery of reference services, information literacy instruction and library instruction, and design of curriculum.
- Maintains materials collection, subject bibliography, and integration of relevant Library Services (LS) activities with instructional departments of the College.
- Participates in the development and delivery of the LS information literacy instruction and library instructional program.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Department Chair, Dean, and/or Executive Vice President.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Interest in a commitment to an adult teaching and learning environment; effective presentation and teaching competencies
- Understanding the comprehensive mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Subject matter and related and/or relevant topics and issues in Library Services.
- Sensitive issues relating to a diverse student body.
- Maintains competencies in teaching and learning areas including technological skills appropriate to position.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with professional colleagues.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to, and knowledge of, a diverse student body in an adult learning environment.
- Must demonstrate creativity and innovation in the field, and service in the profession and/or the community.
- Effective planning, organizing, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to exercise tact and descretion.
- Effectively assisting student learning.
- Interacting with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Maintaining an established schedule, including evenings and weekends, including possible multiple campus locations that may vary by semester.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, and knowledge of electronic information resources, the Internet, and the Worldwide Web and class room or other current learning technologies for effective teaching at the community college level.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students.
- Work is routinely performed in a library setting.
- Able to push a fully loaded book cart, and place and remove books from shelves.
- Occasional lifting of 10 pounds of books in a book carton or book bag.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling, and manual dexterity.
- Three or more years work experience as a Librarian in a higher education setting.
- Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- This is a Security Sensitive position. Pre-Employment Criminal History Checks are required.Official transcripts are required. Reliable transportation may be required for teaching in multiple campus locations.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Applications are complete upon receipt of an official transcript. ACC only accepts transcripts that are mailed directly from educational institutions. Educational Institutions must mail transcripts to the Highland Business Center, Attn. E.M. Breedlove, 5930 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752.
Transcript Policy http://www.austincc.edu/hr/apply/transcriptpolicy.php
Applicants who have degrees earned from educational institutions located outside of the United States are required to have their transcripts evaluated by a recognized credential evaluation service prior to applying for Faculty and/or Adjunct Faculty positions. If the transcripts are in a foreign language, applicants also need to have their transcripts translated prior to applying for ACC job opportunities.
Foreign Transcript Policy http://www.austincc.edu/hr/apply/transcriptpolicy.php
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.