This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Some Evening & Weekend Hours.|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
Assist patrons and perform all circulation desk functions and other procedures in a highly automated, dynamic and diverse, customer service and teamwork-oriented environment.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs library services and procedures including checking-in, checking-out, sorting and shelving items, checking book drops, logging-on computers, and opening/closing library.
- Assists patrons with directional questions, equipment use, and updating patron information.Reconciles money collected from library fines and fees.
- Updates and maintains patron, periodicals and reserves records.
- Performs stack maintenance such as shelving, shelf reading, shifting and inventory.
- Processes and maintains one or more of the following: reserve materials and files, periodicals, the fines and fees process, records daily library statistics, and others such as minor edits and status changes to library records.
- Monitors and troubleshoots problems with copiers, printers, and the security system.
- Assists the Head Librarian in promoting and implementing library safety and security in coordination with the Senior Library Assistant.
- May assist with inventories, maintains circulation desk supplies. Picks up, sorts and delivers mail.Participates in special projects as needed.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Library operations in a higher education environment.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining effective time management practices, including an established work schedule, possible weekend and evening hours, and/or work at multiple campus locations.
- Using effective oral and written interpersonal and workplace communication skills.
- Using effective organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and procedures or standards, and task completion, in an individual or group setting.
- Providing superior customer service.
- Applying problem solving skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of patron information and work-related information and materials in compliance with ACC policies and Instructional Resources & Technology/Library Services (IRT/LS) guidelines as well as federal and national standards.
- Establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Adapting effectively in a multi-tasking, dynamic, and evolving work environment.
- Competency with computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, productivity software, proprietary library systems, and equipment.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 30 pounds.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, and sue of a step stool.
- Work is routinely performed at a public services desk.
- One year related work experience.
- Work experience in library circulation department and use of proprietary library systems.
- Associate's degree or combination of educational equivalent and/or related work experience.
- Knowledge of library services and operations especially in a community college setting. Knowledge of basic troubleshooting of hardware and software, including desktop/laptop computers, printers and other equipment.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.