Assistant, ACCelerator - Hourly
- Multiple Positions Available
This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Hours||Up to 19 hours per week as assigned; Must be able to work week days, weekends, days and evening hours.|
|Salary||$10.75/hr, NO BENEFITS|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
To assist ACCelerator patrons and perform all routine circulation desk operations and other procedures.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes routine procedures and daily functions including ACCelerator checking-in, checking-out, organizing instructional resources, and opening/closing the ACCelerator facilities
- Monitors and troubleshoots problems with copiers, printers, and the ID system.
- Inventories and maintains supplies. Picks up, sorts, and delivers mail.
- Supports the services and departments of the ACCelerator.
- Provides proactive outreach to students.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Customer service techniques.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Subject to long periods of standing and walking.
- Occasional to routine lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- May be subject to sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, climbing, pushing, and pulling.
- One year related work experience.
- Two or more years of related work experience.
- Associate degree or combination of educational equivalent and/or related work experience.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 90 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.