This position is past the Close Date, no more applications will be accepted.
|Location||Round Rock Campus|
|Hours||Hours as assigned: Must maintain an established schedule including some evenings and weekends.|
|Salary||Salary is assigned according to the Full-Time Faculty Salary Scale|
|Criminal Background Check||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department. Unless, otherwise provided by law, a criminal record does not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee, nor does it automatically deny a person's access to any of the College's online systems. Determinations of suitability will be made consistent with College policy, practices and all applicable laws and regulations.|
Responsible for leading efforts for student access and success by providing counseling services consistent with the ACC mission and goals.
Dean, Student Services
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide enrollment and educational counseling services for current and prospective students to help them achieve their educational goals including graduation, transfer, and/or entering the workforce.
- Provide comprehensive educational counseling services with specialized success strategies for academically at-risk students, including, but not limited to: Students who do not meet the Academic Standards of Progress; Students who are mandated by the Texas Success Initiative to take developmental education courses; Students who are from underrepresented populations.
- Provide comprehensive career-counseling services, with specialized strategies to help students select a career and/or a major.
- Provide short-term counseling services to students in crisis and short-term counseling and/or case management of students referred to counseling. Utilizes internal and external community resources and make appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Provide campus leadership in resolving student issues and initiating programs and practices that contribute to student success.
- Provide leadership and consultation for faculty and staff regarding college policies and programs including Systems of Success, student discipline, and academic integrity, adult development theories, career development theories and processes, learning theory, classroom management, and multicultural research and theory.
- Provide leadership in the design and development of student success programs incorporating data analysis and current research.
- Remain current in: community referrals, counseling theories and applications, career planning, academic advising information at ACC and at the institutions to which ACC students transfer; state-mandated educational requirements; learning theory; classroom management theory; and research on working with students from underrepresented populations.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Current counseling practices, theories, and research in college student services.
- Principles and practices associated with Servant-Leadership.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Ability to conduct counseling in a professional and ethical manner.
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational and program development skills.
- Utilizing required technology programs in student services.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students.
- Work is routinely performed in an office setting.
- Two years counseling work experience with diverse adult populations.
- Experience with various types of counseling including but not limited to: community counseling or clinical mental health, psycho-educational, college counseling, etc.
- Three or more year counseling work experience.
- In accordance with SACSCOC accrediting requirements, Master\'s degree in Counseling, Social Work, or a closely related field.
- or licensure in a related field.
- Lincensed Professional Counselor (LBC), Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor(LBC-S), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), National Certified Counselor (NCC), Certifed Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Psychologist, or comparable state or national licensure.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Applications are complete upon receipt of an official transcript. ACC only accepts transcripts that are mailed directly from educational institutions. Educational Institutions must mail transcripts to the Highland Business Center, Attn. E.M. Breedlove, 5930 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752.
Transcript Policy http://www.austincc.edu/hr/apply/transcriptpolicy.php
Applicants who have degrees earned from educational institutions located outside of the United States are required to have their transcripts evaluated by a recognized credential evaluation service prior to applying for Faculty and/or Adjunct Faculty positions. If the transcripts are in a foreign language, applicants also need to have their transcripts translated prior to applying for ACC job opportunities.
Foreign Transcript Policy http://www.austincc.edu/hr/apply/transcriptpolicy.php
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.